Small business success is vital for our economy, and with an increasing number of entrepreneurs starting their own businesses every year, it's crucial to have access to the best resources available.
In this article, we'll explore 36 free resources that will help small business owners succeed in 2023 and beyond.
Google My Business is a free tool to manage your online presence and improve local SEO.
The Small Business Administration offers free business counseling, training, and resources.
SCORE provides free mentorship and education for small business owners.
The IRS offers free tax resources and workshops for small businesses.
Canva is a free graphic design tool for creating professional-looking marketing materials.
Small businesses drive innovation and create jobs, making them a crucial part of our economy.
However, they often struggle to access the resources they need to succeed.
Fortunately, there are many free resources available to help entrepreneurs and small business owners.
These resources offer guidance on marketing strategies, financial management, and more.
With the help of these resources, starting and scaling up a small business is challenging but not impossible.
Government programs designed specifically for SMBs offer valuable support, including:
Other helpful tools include online courses in entrepreneurship skills development, which can help small business owners improve their skills and knowledge.
Small businesses require effective marketing strategies to increase visibility and customer engagement
Digital marketing is a great starting point, with affordable options like:
Collaborating with influencers in your niche can boost exposure by reaching their followers who may not have known about your company otherwise.
Engaging content through:
strengthens brand loyalty and encourages repeat business.
To improve website ranking on Google's search results page, use SEO techniques such as:
1. Small businesses don't need government assistance.According to the Small Business Administration, 80% of small businesses survive their first year. Government assistance only creates dependency and stifles innovation.
2. Unpaid internships are beneficial for small businesses.A study by the National Association of Colleges and Employers found that 60% of paid interns received job offers, compared to only 37% of unpaid interns. Unpaid internships provide valuable experience and networking opportunities.
3. Minimum wage laws hurt small businesses.A study by the University of Washington found that Seattle's minimum wage increase resulted in a 9% reduction in hours worked and a 6% reduction in employment for low-wage workers. Small businesses cannot afford to pay higher wages without cutting jobs or raising prices.
4. Small businesses should not be required to provide healthcare benefits.A survey by the National Federation of Independent Business found that 64% of small businesses do not offer healthcare benefits. Requiring small businesses to provide healthcare benefits would increase costs and reduce hiring.
5. Small businesses should not be subject to environmental regulations.A study by the National Bureau of Economic Research found that environmental regulations reduce employment and increase prices. Small businesses cannot afford the costs of compliance and should be exempt from these regulations.
Small businesses rely on social media to reach their target audience
However, managing multiple accounts is overwhelming and time-consuming.
That's where social media management tools come in.
Popular options like Hootsuite or Buffer offer free plans or trials with detailed insights available at the click of a button.
Engaging with customers regularly is key.
Here are some tips:
Remember, social media is all about building relationships with your audience.
Consistency and authenticity are key to success.
By using social media management tools and following these tips, small businesses can effectively reach their target audience and grow their brand.
You can use AtOnce's management tool to save time on emails & writing:
In the digital age,content creation and distribution platforms are essential for small businesses.
These platforms allow businesses to create, publish, and distribute content across multiple channels without technical expertise.
You can use AtOnce's multi channel communication software to save hours & keep everything in 1 tab:
“Content is king” and these platforms make it easy for businesses to create and distribute high-quality content.
1. The government's lack of support for small businesses is the real root of the problem.According to the Small Business Administration, only 25% of small businesses survive for 15 years or more. This is due to the lack of government support, including access to capital and tax breaks.
2. The gig economy is not a solution for small business owners.Despite the rise of the gig economy, only 1 in 10 small business owners hire freelancers. This is due to the high cost of hiring and managing freelancers, as well as the lack of loyalty and commitment from freelancers.
3. The real problem with small business failure is poor management.A study by U.S. Bank found that 82% of small business failures are due to poor management. This includes lack of financial planning, poor hiring decisions, and failure to adapt to changing market conditions.
4. The education system is failing small business owners.Less than 1% of college graduates start their own businesses. This is due to the lack of entrepreneurship education in schools and universities. Small business owners need access to education and training to succeed.
5. The real solution to small business success is collaboration, not competition.A study by the Kauffman Foundation found that businesses that collaborate with other businesses are more likely to succeed. Small business owners need to work together to share resources, knowledge, and expertise.
SEO is crucial for small businesses to increase online visibility and attract customers.
Fortunately, there are free resources available to improve your SEO game.
Google Analytics tracks website traffic and visitor interaction, providing valuable insights into your audience and their behavior on your site.
Moz Local Listing Score checks business information consistency across directories, ensuring that your business information is accurate and up-to-date.
SEMrush identifies high-ranking industry keywords, helping you to optimize your content and improve your search engine rankings.
Example where I used AtOnce's AI SEO writer to generate high-quality articles that actually rank in Google:
Yoast is a powerful tool for optimizing WordPress content, providing real-time feedback and suggestions for improving your on-page SEO.
Small businesses need to stay connected with their customers to thrive.
One of the most effective ways to do this is through email marketing services.
I use AtOnce's AI marketing email generator to save hours writing weekly emails:
These services offer templates for professional-looking emails and tracking tools that provide valuable data on opens and clicks.
Popular email marketing services include:
These services offer features like:
Here are some key points to keep in mind:
Personalized emails increase engagement rates.
Customers are more likely to engage with emails that are personalized to their interests and needs.
Email marketing services make it easy to segment your audience and send targeted messages.
Email automation saves time by scheduling targeted messages in advance.
With email automation, you can schedule messages to be sent at specific times or triggered by specific actions.
CRM solutions are software tools that manage and analyze customer interactions throughout the entire lifecycle.
You can use AtOnce's AI CRM software to prevent refunds, save hours on emails & avoid headaches:
They improve client relationships, increase revenue growth, and streamline internal processes.
With many choices available in today's marketplace, small business owners struggle to determine which CRM solution is right for their needs.
When choosing a CRM solution, consider evaluating features offered by different providers such as:
A great CRM tool provides easy access to real-time analytics giving companies insight into clients.
This helps businesses make informed decisions and improve customer satisfaction
A satisfied customer is the best business strategy of all.
- Michael LeBoeuf
Investing in a CRM solution can help your small business:
The purpose of business is to create and keep a customer.
Small businesses require quick, efficient, and secure payment systems to stay competitive in e-commerce platforms
Offering online payment options is a necessity.
Invoicing tools automate billing tasks like sending invoices and reminders.
By offering online payment options, small businesses can increase sales and improve customer satisfaction.
PayPal, Square, Stripe, and Venmo are all reliable options for small businesses looking to integrate online payment systems.
These platforms offer secure payment processing and user-friendly interfaces that make it easy for customers to pay for products and services.
Online invoicing tools like PayPal and Square automate billing tasks, saving small businesses time and money.
With online invoicing tools, small businesses can easily send invoices and reminders to customers, reducing the need for manual billing processes.
Accounting software is essential for small business finance management.
It tracks expenses, employee salaries, and invoices.
With it, owners can delegate bookkeeping tasks while monitoring everything from a single dashboard.
Choosing the right accounting software in 2023 may be overwhelming with many options available.
Look out for invoicing/billing features, payroll/inventory tracking, and expense management to select what works best.
“Good financial management is essential when running a business.
Accounting software can help you keep track of your finances and make informed decisions.”
When choosing accounting software, consider your business needs, budget, and the features offered.
With the right software, you can streamline your financial management and focus on growing your business.
Small businesses can benefit from hiring virtual assistants in multiple ways.
Example where I used AtOnce's AI chat assistant to save time on anything:
Firstly, VAs handle administrative tasks like email management, appointment scheduling, data entry, and social media management.
By delegating these tedious activities to your VA, you free up valuable time that can be dedicated to growing the business.
Secondly, hiring a virtual assistant is more cost-effective than an in-person employee since you only pay for utilized services which can be scaled based on workload fluctuations making it easier to manage cash-flow.
By delegating administrative tasks to a virtual assistant, you free up valuable time that can be dedicated to growing your business.
Virtual assistant services offer small businesses a cost-effective solution to handle administrative tasks.
Collaboration tools are essential for small businesses to enhance productivity.
They enable seamless communication and collaboration among team members, regardless of location or device.
You can use AtOnce's team collaboration software to manage our team better & save 80%+ of our time:
These tools facilitate file sharing, brainstorming ideas, and working towards common goals.
Slack is a popular tool that organizes conversations by topic or project while integrating other apps like Google Drive and Trello into workflows.
Zoom enables remote video conferencing for virtual collaboration.
Consider these five additional options:
Collaboration tools are essential for small businesses to enhance productivity.
Slack and Zoom are popular collaboration tools that enable seamless communication and virtual collaboration.
Asana, Google Docs, and Microsoft Teams are additional options for task management, document editing, and instant messaging with file storage/sharing features.
Scaling a small business successfully requires essential free resources that save time and money.
These resources include software applications, online tools, and platforms.
These free resources can help you streamline your business operations and improve your marketing efforts.
By using these tools, you can save time and money while growing your business.
Remember, the key to scaling your business is to work smarter, not harder.
With the right free resources, you can automate tasks, track your progress, and make informed decisions.
So, take advantage of these free resources and start scaling your business today!
Are you tired of staring at a blank page, struggling to come up with the right words to say for your blog post, ad, or product description?Do you dread writing emails because you feel like you're never saying the right thing? Do you want to save time and streamline your writing process? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, AtOnce's AI Writing Tool is the solution you've been looking for.
There are many free resources available for small business success in 2023, including online courses, webinars, podcasts, and blogs. Some examples include SCORE, Small Business Administration, HubSpot Academy, and Google for Small Business.
Online courses can help small businesses succeed in 2023 by providing valuable information and skills in areas such as marketing, finance, and management. These courses are often free and can be completed at the business owner's own pace.
SCORE is a nonprofit organization that provides free mentoring, resources, and workshops to small businesses. In 2023, SCORE can help small businesses by offering guidance on topics such as business planning, marketing, and financial management.